Summary Kubecon + CloudNativeCon EU 2020
Kubernetes is the fastest growing open source project in the world and the one with the most developers after Linux. The EU conference 2020 was virtual but still packed with 4 days of updates, trends and use cases from all the different projects, sponsors, vendors and end users that make up the cloud native ecosystem.
Elastisys has participated at both KubeCon+CloudNativeCon EU and US since 2018 and seen the event grow to 12 000 participants at last years NA event. This autumn the EU event was virtual but we don’t want you to miss any of the good parts just because of that!
We walked the virtual conference floors and sorted through the noise both at the talks and in the corridors to bring you the key takeaways of the event.
Elastisys CTO Johan Tordsson and our cloud-native architect Cristian Klein goes through:
- The top news from CNCF and the vendor ecosystem
- The most interesting new projects
- The hottest trends and their takeaways for where the cloud native ecosystem is heading
Trends that we discuss
- CI/CD and why it’s the new service mesh
- The increased focus on CNCF end users
- The general theme of diversity in the open source community
- Telco grade Kubernetes networking / edge native (K3s, Longhorn)
- Storage (Vitess, TiKV, Longhorn, Rook, OpenEBS, NATS)
- Security (Trivy, OPA, Falco, SOPS, SPIFFE, SPIRE)